Gaudy 2023 Dinner

After graduation your relationship with St Hilda’s does not just stop. You are a member of our community for life. Senior Members are welcome to return to College at any time and can always be assured of a warm welcome. Just email the Development and Alumnae Office and one of the team will be delighted to take you for a coffee in the SCR and fill you in on the latest College news.

As a Senior Member, you are entitled to a range of benefits, including publications, invitations to College events, preferential rates on College accommodation, access to College punts, inclusion in the Association of Senior Members and access to our Career Networks.

You are also entitled to a number of University benefits.


You will receive our annual Senior Members' publication, The Chronicle, each winter with updates from the Principal and other College Officers, student reports, news of Senior Members and articles by alumnae on a selected theme. In an effort to avoid wasting paper and to reduce mailing costs, we encourage Senior Members to view The Chronicle online but if you would prefer a printed copy, please opt by clicking on the button.

As a Senior Member, you will also receive a regular e-newsletter and email invitations to events. You can also keep in touch with us on our LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter pages. If you would like to unsubscribe from any of our communications, please contact the Development Team.

Share your news

We welcome your contributions to The Chronicle, including personal and professional news. To inform us of a birth, death or marriage, or to share news of recent publications, appointments or honours, please complete the Update Form.


The battels paid as a student entitle alumnae to free, lifetime access to the College punts, available throughout the summer for up to two hours at a time from 8am until 7pm. A £10 returnable deposit per punt is required.

Booking is essential. Log in or register via the Booking Portal. Once logged in select 'College Life’ then 'punting'. Please read and accept the punting rules. If you no longer need your booking, please cancel it on the portal.

Booking Portal


We have preferential rates for alumnae accommodation in our new buildings, including some excellent dinner packages. Visit the alumnae accommodation page for prices and booking information.

For guest B&B bookings, please contact Nicky Charles in the Accommodation office.

If your enquiry is event related please contact the Events Team to book.

Book an overnight stay in College


Former students who have not yet graduated can apply to graduate in person or in absence.


Please contact the Academic Office at to be added to the waiting list. Current students have priority for degree ceremony places. The Degree Conferrals Office will consider your preferred dates for a degree ceremony place but cannot guarantee a place on your preferred date.

In absence

If you are a historic graduand wishing to graduate in absence, please complete the Historic Graduand - In Absentia form and return it to the College Academic Office. Degrees are conferred in absence at the first available degree ceremony and degree certificates mailed shortly afterwards.

The Oxford Master of Arts

The status of Master of Arts is a mark of seniority in the University. It is conferred 21 terms after matriculation, but this is not an automatic process and to obtain your MA you must apply. Senior Members who have already graduated with a BA or BFA degree are eligible to receive the Oxford MA.

You are not eligible to take an MA if your undergraduate degree is an Oxford integrated Master's degree (MEng, MChem, MPhys, MMath, MBiochem etc.).

The Master of Arts has no subject or class and is not an upgrade of the BA or an additional qualification. The nominals 'MA' should be represented in place of, not in addition to, the 'BA' in the holder's signature and on documents such as CVs.
There is an administrative fee of £100.

The MA is awarded only in absence at a degree ceremony.

If you are eligible and would like to apply for your MA, please fill in the MA Degree Booking Form and return it to the St Hilda's College Academic Office. You will receive an email confirming the date of the ceremony when your MA will be granted in absence, and the certificate will be mailed to you afterwards.

Academic Transcripts

We are happy to provide transcripts for those who matriculated in 2006 or earlier. Please request your transcript from the Academic Office.

If you matriculated from 2007 onwards, please apply online via the University website.

If you just need evidence of having studied and resided at St Hilda's (for example for visa purposes), the Development Office can provide a letter free of charge.