Study and Personal Support

St Hilda’s is proud of the high quality of its teaching. We offer extensive academic and welfare support. We hope that all students will feel free to ask for help at any time. Grants are available to purchase books and to help with study related-travel and academic resarch projects. We also have grants for emergency hardship support. You can seek advice in college and from related services in the University in a number of ways. 

Personal Tutors and College Officers

Each undergraduate is allotted a Personal Tutor who is available for general consultation on any problems, academic or personal.

Students seeking general help or advice may always consult the Principal, their College Adviser / Personal Tutor or any senior member of staff, especially the Vice-Principal, the Senior Tutor, the Dean, the Chaplain, or the Academic Registrar.


St Hilda's has a range of support for all of its students. Further details on support for students with disabilities, those requiring medical help, welfare or advice on transgender or harassment can be found on the current student pages.

Financial Information

St Hilda's has very generous financial support for students. Our students have many opportunities to apply for grants and bursaries.

Maths Tutorial at St Hilda's CollegeTutorialTutorial at St Hilda's College