SciPo Adults' Poetry Competition
St Hilda's College is hosting a Science Poetry competition as part of SciPo 2019. Entrants are asked to write a poem on the broad subject of ‘Plants, Brain and Imagination’. The winning poem will be performed at St Hilda's College. The winner will receive a cash prize – £100 (1st), £50 (2nd), £25 (3rd) - and an invitation to read their poem at SciPo, St Hilda's, on 8 June 2019.
The competition will be judged by Jayne Draycott. Please Please submit your entry, with the attached form, by midnight on 17 April 2019.
- The closing date is midnight on 17 April 2019.
- One poem per person, on the broad subject of ‘Plants, Brain and Imagination’.
- Poem no more than 30 lines.
- Submit your poem as an attachment to the entry form (preferred) or on one A4 sheet if by post, to Sarah Watkinson, St Hilda’s College, Oxford OX4 1DY.
- Entries are judged anonymously. The name of the poet must not appear on the manuscript.
- Give your name, postal address, phone number and poem title in the attached entry form or on a separate sheet if entering by post.
- Each poem must be the original work of the author, and must not have been previously published or broadcast.
- Winners will be notified by the end of April 2019.
- The copyright of each poem remains with the author. Authors of the winning poems will grant The Poet’s House at St Hilda’s permission to publish or broadcast the winning poems for a period of one year from 30 April 2019 on St Hilda's College website.