PA to the Principal and Bursar
St Hilda’s College is looking to recruit an efficient and effective full-time PA to support the College’s Principal and Bursar.
The PA will be the primary point of contact between the Principal, Bursar, the College community and the outside world and will be expected to support with a wide range of administrative duties at the highest level, in an independent and self-managed capacity.
Summary Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of diaries, appointments and travel arrangements;
- Responding to all incoming electronic and telephone communications, drafting correspondence for and on their behalf on the Principal and Bursar;
- Management of the Principal’s high-profile events in order to maintain and develop the College’s busy and varied events programme;
- Welcoming the Principal and Bursar’s visitors and assisting them in answering their queries;
- Work alongside key College Officers such as the Vice Principal, Bursar, Senior Tutor and Development Director;
- Coordinate committee work, including planning the annual calendar of committee meetings within the College, organising business, preparing agendas, writing minutes and ensuring business is dealt with in a timely manner. Identify actions and ensure decisions are effectively implemented;
- Organise and maintain efficient filing electronic and paper filing systems to ensure easy access to any information required;
- Act as the main point of contact for the College Fellowship and members of the Senior Common Room with the Principal, and managing outward communications with the Fellowship from the Principal;
- Developing and upholding successful working relationships with academic and support staff colleagues across the College and in the wider University.
This is a permanent, full-time post (35 hours per week). However, a degree of flexibility in hours worked will be required to fulfil the requirements of the role, and some out of hours working will be expected on occasion.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Substantial experience of working as a PA at a senior level;
- Excellent diary management skills;
- A high standard of written and spoken English with the ability to draft fairly detailed correspondence and documentation with a high level of accuracy;
- Excellent IT skills including: email, internet, Word, Excel, data/file handling and storage;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure to deadlines, whilst maintaining meticulous attention to detail;
- The ability to manage a fluctuating workload and to effectively assess and respond to changing priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to establish and develop relationships with a wide range of people from different backgrounds;
- A readiness to work co-operatively within the structures and traditions of the collegiate university as a whole;
- Commitment to the aims, objectives and academic values of an institution at the highest level of the university system, and with the particular ethos of St Hilda’s;
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion and upholding confidentiality will be essential at all times.
- Additional language skills, in particular German, are desirable.
Please see the full Job Description for further information about the post and benefits offered by the College.
To apply for this role please send the following documents to Susan Vickery, HR Manager at email@example.com
- Completed Application Form
- Letter of application explaining your interest in the post and how you meet the selection criteria.
The deadline for applications is Monday 7 February 2022 at 5.00pm and we expect to hold interviews in the week commencing 14 February.