Farewell Heritage, hello SOLO!
We’re delighted to announce that the College Library Catalogue (previously Heritage) is now available on SOLO. This means that you can find the physical and online resources available to you from just one search.
Where do I look to find what I need?
- Now, instead of searching Heritage separately, you’ll be able to see to see what resources are available from the College library when searching SOLO: http://solo.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/
- You can search the College’s collections specifically by selecting “St Hilda’s College Library” from the drop down list (“search everything” is the default). The results also include online access – you can restrict to physical items only using the filters on the left hand side.
- General guidance from the Bodleian Libraries on how to use SOLO is available here: https://libguides.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/solo/
Is everything in the College Library now on SOLO?
- Almost! Over 50,000 items have been added using existing electronic data. This leaves around 10,000 items where the data wasn't good enough to bring across without first checking the physical book. These are mostly older works which were difficult to identify in Heritage already. We have a plan to finish adding these over the next 12 months.
- If you find a book on the shelf that does not appear on SOLO you are still welcome to borrow it. If it doesn't work on the self-service machine bring it to the Issue Desk or, if staff are not available, send the number (or an image of) the barcode on the first page to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue it to you remotely.
- Library staff still have access to the catalogue as it was on Heritage, so if you cannot find something you need that you think we already have, do not hesitate to contact us and we will check for you.
What about my current loans?
- All your loans from the College Library will now appear on your SOLO account, just like your departmental/faculty and Bodleian books. The date they were issued to you will be fictional, but due dates will remain the same.
- We automatically renewed all books on loan to be due back on 12 October 2020, so there remains no need to return or renew any books for now.
- If you do need to renew your books later in the year, you should do this in your SOLO account. For instructions on accessing your library account in SOLO, visit https://libguides.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/solo/youraccount
What about my library fines?
- All existing fines were waived earlier this year as we adapted to COVID-19, and College Library fines will remain suspended at least until we reopen. Therefore, no library fines (for College books) will appear on your account.