University Cards

All students are issued with a University card (known as a ‘Bod card’) on their arrival.

Whilst this is primarily a library card (i.e. Bodleian Card), it also provides access to departmental buildings, sports facilities, College dining facilities and a range of other University buildings. You should look after this card carefully, but if your card is damaged, lost or stolen, you can order a replacement card:

  • If your card is lost, you will need to pay for a replacement card online.
  • If your card is stolen, contact the Academic Office. You will not need to pay for a replacement card if you have a police incident number.
  • If your card is damaged, contact the Academic Office who will order a replacement card for you free of charge.
  • You will automatically be sent a replacement Bod card if there is any change to your course of study or to your personal details.

New cards must be collected in person from the Academic Office and old cards handed over to be destroyed. It usually takes 2-3 days for a new card to be produced.