Senior Members

Former students who have not yet graduated can apply to graduate in person or in absence. Those who wish to graduate in person should complete the Historic Graduand - Waiting List application form and return it to the College Office. Names will then be added to the University's waiting list and confirmation of places will be communicated by the College. Two months before the date of your allocated ceremony, the College will contact you to make arrangements for the day. Those who wish to graduate in absence should complete the Historic Graduand - In Absentia application form and return it to the College Office. Degrees will be conferred in absence at the first available degree ceremony and degree certificates mailed shortly after the ceremony.

The Oxford Master of Arts

Following longstanding tradition, the status of Master of Arts is a mark of seniority within the University which may be conferred twenty-one terms after Matriculation. This is not an automatic process and to obtain your MA you must apply. Senior Members who have already graduated with a BA or BFA degree are eligible to receive the Oxford MA. You are not eligible to take an MA if your undergraduate degree is an Oxford integrated Master's degree (MBiochem, MChem, MEng, MMath etc). The Master of Arts has no subject or class and is not an upgrade of the BA or an additional qualification. The nominals 'MA' should be represented in place of, not in addition to, the 'BA' in the holder's signature and on documents such as CVs.

It is a policy of St Hilda's College that the MA is awarded only in absence at a degree ceremony. If you are eligible and would like to apply for your MA, please fill in the MA Degree Booking Form. There is an administrative fee of £10 for a booking by debit card (plus 1% for payment by credit card) for bookings made before 30 June 2017. The MA fee will increase to £40 from 1 July 2017.