Total number of students 585 as of 1 October 2016
Total number of graduates 192
Total number of undergraduates 393
Total number of nationalities 49
32 different nationalities for undergraduates (26 per cent of undergraduates)
38 different nationalities for graduates (53 per cent of graduates)
For the last two years, 93 per cent of St Hilda’s undergraduates have achieved a First or a 2.1 in their final exams. Finals results this year were partiularly strong in Chemistry, Geography, History, Music and Psychology.
In the 2016/17 academic year, 71 graduate students completed their studies, 10 obtained Distinctions in exams, and 17 students were awarded the DPhil.
In 2016/17, Ed Davis was a member of the Men’s Blues* Squad and Sophie Taylor and Mollie MacGinty were replacements in the Women’s Blues Squad for the 2016 Varsity Rugby Match. Alex Rackow was awarded a a Blue for cricket and is a member of the Varsity match squad.
- St Hilda’s Octopush (underwater hockey) Team won Cuppers** 2016/17
- Emma Richardson won the individual Trampolining Cuppers in 2016/17.
- In Torpids 2017, St Hilda’s Boat Club's M1 crew gained five positions in four days, achieving blades and bringing the crew one division higher into Division IV.
- St Hilda's Ski Team won the Oxbridge Cuppers 2016/17, against Corpus Christi in the Cuppers final and Homerton in the grand final.
- ‘Quilda’s’, the combined forces of St. Hilda’s and The Queen’s College, University of Oxford, won the 2015 and 2016 Women’s Hockey Cuppers Champions.
- St Hilda’s men’s team won the Rugby Sevens Cuppers tournament in 2015.
*A blue is a sporting honour, given to those that have represented Oxford University in a varsity event. For some sports, a half-blue or quarter-blue is awarded.
** Cuppers are intercollegiate sporting competitions at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge. The term comes from the word “cup”.